3 Things I learned from “Fight the cure not the cause”

Posted: June 25, 2018 in Uncategorized
Tags: , , , , , , ,

syringe

In some cases, close to 97% of funds raised are allocated toward finding a cure and that sounds right, but then I thought, “Well, that only leaves 3% toward fighting a cause…” 

Check out today’s podcast The Sales Life w/ Marsh Buice here

I think we do that in our own lives.

  1. We spend all of our effort trying to fight the cure of the moment.
    • We spend all of our energy on outcomes and spend little (if any) effort on finding the reason why we always: have more month than money; barely sell enough pay the rent; or why we’re overweight
    • Like a hamster on the wheel, we wear ourselves out on endless endings when what we should do is avert our attention from the end, to the source-what the hell is triggering all of this to begin with?
  2. Some of it is not your fault
    • …but most of it is
    • Some of the feelings of unworthiness and insecurity may stem from way back in the days (childhood or inherited feelings) so you self-sabotage your own success.
    • But before you lay on the shrink’s couch and blame your parents, most of your shit sandwiches today are because you put yourself there.
      • Stop seeking validation from everyone. (Buying the bar lead me to bankruptcy)
      • Stop trying to live like a baller when you’re truthfully a bust. (This mask lead me to bankruptcy too)
  3. You have plenty of time…but not a second to waste.
    • You didn’t get here overnight nor will you fix it over 2 days.
    • Someday is not the 8th day of the week. Don’t think it’ll fix itself, but start working on finding the source.
      • Maybe you’re emotionally eating
      • Maybe you’re always waiting until the final week to start selling something. (You’re not strategic in your approach)
      • Maybe you’re hooking up with the wrong boo or bae because you’re picking what you’ve always had: tension, toxicity, abuse, low-lifes.

You will find a better outcome…call it a cure if you want, but if you want a higher quality of life…if you want a better day…if you’re tired of just hangin’ in there, look left at the cause…the cure will take care of itself.

Check out today’s podcast The Sales Life w/ Marsh Buice here

What I’m reading this week:

I Love Capitalism by Ken Langone (co-founder of Home Depot). This guy’s 82 years old and still crankin’. I heard him on James Altucher’s podcast and had to get his book. This book is proof positive not to hold back. One thing you never have to worry about Langone, is what’s he thinking about.

Favorite podcast episode:

Jordan Harbinger with Poker legend Phil Hellmuth. I’m not a poker fan or player but so many great tips on competitiveness, loyalty, forgiveness, and body language. Phil’s written a few books that are now on my list: Positivity and Read it and Reap (body language book)

Final thoughts today:

Show up…this is the only day you are promised. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s